Monday, February 14, 2011

Technology Self-Assessment: School 2.0

NETS 5
I was able to take an assessment on technology and reflected on the results.
            When taking the technology assessment I realized I still have a lot to learn when it comes to integrating technology into the classroom. I chose to investigate two resources after reviewing my results.
The first article I looked at was called “Top 10 Web 2.0 Tools for Young Learners”. This article caught my interest because I find it hard to come up with ways to use technology in the classroom when it comes to elementary school students. The article gives a list of tools the Internet offers that would apply to the younger generation of students. One of these tools is called Kerproof. Kerproof is a creative tool for animation, drawing and movie creation. As a teacher, I could use this tool to create my own animations or movies that connects to whatever subject we are covering in class. Another tool this article suggested to use was Animoto, which is an automated presentation generator that focuses on using images to communicate a message.
            The second article I read was called “Too Cool for School? No Way!—Using the TPACK Framework: You Can Have Your Hot Tools and Teach with Them, Too”. This article discussed ways in which teacher could go about using new technology in their classroom. The article states that today’s technology such as blogs, wikis, and GPS systems were not created for teachers, therefore teachers need to repurpose these technical tools for education by knowing the ins and outs of these technology tools. The article says teachers need to develop experiential understanding by training and practicing with these tools. This article encourages and teaches teachers to develop digital-age experiences.



No comments:

Post a Comment